The Project Manager (PM) is ultimately responsible to the Account Representative (AR) for scope, schedule, cost, quality and client satisfaction of a project throughout its lifecycle from SD level design through project close out. However, the PM will largely depend on an installation supervisor to manage the execution of the project once contracted. A PM’s role is primarily focused around written and verbal communication to all project stakeholders. Daily activities include project communications internally with AR’s, installation leads, designers, procurement and shop supervisors and externally with general contractors, architects, clients, and others. These communications may be regarding anything from equipment to scheduling, management of deliverables from/for other departments, budgets, logistics, project scope, problem solving or a myriad of other topics. The role will include a high level of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. A key component of this role is managing client expectations and keeping our clients informed and therefore requires a professional, socially focused demeanor. The role includes a great deal of interaction with key stakeholders inside and outside the organization and therefore excellent internal communication skills are required. Working alongside and in conjunction with other divisions within our organization with a team mentality while being a positive add to our culture will be critical.
Every project is different, and project stakeholders are different. The PM needs to negotiate a very complex set of variables between system design, site conditions, budgets and a widely varying set of expectations with multiple stakeholders. The skill of communicating both verbally and in writing to manage all these variables requires a very high level of awareness, emotional intelligence, and people management skills. The PM is constantly managing the forces of change in every project environment. Balancing schedules, budgets, scope, quality, personnel, and client satisfaction are a very complex set of variables. This is the role of the PM.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to the Account Representative for scope, schedule, cost and quality of project execution.
- The PM coordinates and communicates over and over again.
- Provides clear leadership for the project:
- Accurate and timely verbal and written communication and follow up.
- Coordinates all activities associated with the timely, accurate and on-budget completion of the project, including engaging stakeholders, delegating responsibilities clearly and attending client and internal project meetings.
- Provides support and assistance to team members as needed in order to help them be successful and get the job done.
- Ensures appropriate and frequent communication between stakeholders.
- Develops and communicates project updates as required.
- Resolve destructive conflict.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve in coordination with the team as required.
- Manages and oversees logistics in close coordination with installation supervisors such as trucking, rented assets, crew scheduling and travel bookings.
- May be required to occasionally lead a project onsite in a temporary fashion or as the lead on a shorter, smaller project.
- Provides constant monitoring of labor, equipment, and materials budgets in close coordination with Accountant Representatives.
- Develops and maintains all related project schedules in close coordination with Accountant Representatives.
- Performs field verification of prospective work site. Documents jobsite details and keeps everyone informed of potential issues and solutions.
- Coordinates all drawings and documentation between all internal and external stakeholders. Facilitates and directs design reviews to assure proper documentation in the field. Coordinates all system programming and final checkout of systems. Provides punch-list of remaining tasks after substantial completion.
- Contracts with outside contractors and other trades when necessary.
- Upon project completion, coordinates training & turnover of projects to client and service department.
- This position will require periodic overtime, weekend work and back-to-back days for extended periods to meet client deadlines.
- Must be able to be a team player and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team. Represent Paragon professionally and ethically and demonstrate good judgment and common sense in handling client issues. Work independently with minimum supervision, and exercise strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills. Communicate clearly with client and team members about project status and needs.
- Always work to maintain a clean, safe, and secure work environment.
- Carry out work adhering to OSHA safety protocols and company procedures.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum of three to five years of experience as an associate project manager, project manager or superintendent in commercial construction trades and settings.
- Preferred 3-5 years’ experience with audio/video/lighting systems.
- Knowledgeable of low voltage electrical concepts.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in managing people. The Project Manager shall have the ability and skills to diagnose and resolve complex technical, political and people-related problems.
- OSHA 30 card or a commitment to obtain that training within 60 days of hire.
- Prefer associates / bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Prefer PMP certification from the Project Management Institute.
- Prefer CTS certification.
- Prefer financial background in project cost accounting.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems quickly.
- Must be 21 years of age w/ valid Class E driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to work back-to-back, 10-hour days or longer with a relatively flexible schedule.
- Nationwide travel to jobsites on average 6-10 days a month or 70 – 100 days a year.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, schematics, and construction documents.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and use of standard Microsoft office software such as Office 365, word, excel, outlook, power-point, and teams with a basic understanding of PC systems.
- This position requires good diplomacy in working with our clients and other key stakeholders on the job sites.
- Project Managers typically have these basic skills; has a high level of both written and verbal communication skills; focused on clients and able to understand how Paragon can meet their business needs; approachable; is a natural leader; delegates effectively; good at setting and managing people’s expectations; personally organized; manages time well; sets clear priorities; sets an example for preparation, punctuality, and professional appearance; excellent at planning; forecasts and manages risks; problem solver who can remain effective in tense situations; adds to an excellent company culture.
Physical Demands of the Job
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, push/pull, crouch and balance for short periods of time on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use hands for grasping and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to read, write and speak with positive attitude with ability to recall, remember and work well under stress for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- The employee will be exposed to construction site conditions on a regular basis.
- The employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and comply with all safety regulations in place by Paragon, the GC and/or Client.
- The employee must have the ability to use stairs, climb ladders, and work from lifts or scaffolding.
- The employee must be able to handle stressful environments, situations, conversations and meetings on a regular basis.
- When not on construction sites, the employee will experience normal office conditions and be required to use office equipment such as computers, peripherals, etc.
What Do We Offer?
Paragon 360 is an equal opportunity employer. Paragon offers competitive salaries and benefit packages that include medical, dental and vision health insurance, long-term and short-term disability, 401K with company matching, PTO, paid holidays and Sam’s club membership. The company covers the cost of airline travel and car rental when required, offers daily per-diem when travelling and provides single room accommodation. The company works diligently to foster and maintain an excellent company culture that’s been coveted by our employees for over 20 years.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must pass all background checks. Candidate must meet the essential physical demands of the job description as stated throughout the duration of holding the position with Paragon 360.
For more information or to apply, email questions or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paragon 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.