Freelance AVL installers will be responsible for a wide range of work at Paragon 360’s facilities or our clients job sites. This could include prep work, site installation and setup/commissioning of large format, professional AVL systems in high profile entertainment facilities, houses of worship and and corporate environments. These individuals must have an excellent knowledge of the professional AVL industry and the latest technologies and methods. These individuals should be excellent communicators that can work well in high-stress situations, be a high-capacity self-starter with excellent client skills. The ability to follow directions, solve problems and work with others as a team and staff alike is a must. These individuals must be comfortable working in construction or renovation environments. The individual must be able to travel extensively.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prep audio and/or video & lighting equipment to include:
- Assisting with assurance of designs’ physical completeness in accordance with installation drawings.
- Preparing equipment: Inventorying, testing, labeling, addressing, programming, rack building and soldiering
- Packing equipment and loading/unloading of trucks
- Audio Installation Work: building of racks and wire termination; Hanging/rigging flown speakers; mounting ceiling speakers; setting up and programming consoles; floor pockets; programming and deploying DSP programs; setting up and wiring stage; wireless frequency management; system tuning.
- Video Installation Work: mounted or flown LED walls; high profile projectors and screens; routers and switchers; distribution equipment; floor pockets; camera systems: video engineering equipment; production communication equipment; building of racks and wire termination; deployment of flat-screen displays and their mounts; extensive digital signage systems; build-out of control rooms and their furniture; conference room technology systems.
- Lighting Installation Work: Hanging, cabling and addressing lighting fixtures; patching, setting up and programming consoles; building of racks and wire termination; installing and programming architectural control stations; hanging and mounting distribution equipment; floor pockets.
- Commissioning of systems: Setup, testing & tuning; troubleshooting; programming; end-user client training; client interface; operation of opening day services;
- Always work to maintain a clean, safe and secure work environment in shop and job site
Minimum Job Requirements
- Three years of verifiable professional AVL installation experience
- CTS, ETCP Electrician or ETCP Rigging certifications preferred
- Valid Class E driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to work back-to-back, 10-hour days and occasional longer days
- Ability to read and understand CAD design plans
- Extensive, nationwide travel to job sites up to 2-3 weeks at a time.
- Extensive experience using tools of the A/V and electronic related trades:
- Wire strippers and crimpers for varying types of wire and cable; soldering tools and techniques; all common power tools; construction equipment such as personnel man lifts, boom lifts and scissor lifts, ladders, scaffolding, hoists, pulleys, Unistrut steel support and mounting hardware
What additional skills will be valuable?
- Proficient in basic computer skills and use of standard Microsoft office software such as Office 365, word, excel, outlook, power-point and teams.
- Understanding of or experience with CAD, Adobe, ProPresenter, ProTools, or other presentation/production software systems
- Industry certifications such as Dante, Bi-Amp, Q-Sys, CTS, etc. will give you an advantage.
- Riggers or electricians with ETCP certification.
Physical Demands of the Job
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, push/pull, crouch and balance for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use hands for grasping and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to read, write and speak with positive attitude with ability to recall, remember and work well under stress for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- The employee will be exposed to construction site conditions on a regular basis.
- The employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and comply with all safety regulations in place by Paragon, the GC and/or Client.
- The employee must have the ability to use stairs, climb ladders, and work from lifts or scaffolding.
- The employee must be able to handle high stress environments on a regular basis.
- When not on construction sites, the employee will experience normal office conditions and be required to use office equipment such as computers, peripherals, etc.
What do we offer?
Paragon 360 is an equal opportunity employer. Paragon offers competitive day rates with overtime commiserative with experience. The company provides all travel expenses including airline travel, ground transportation, and hotel accommodations. The company provides a daily per-diem when projects require an overnight stay. The company works diligently to foster and maintain an excellent company culture.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must pass all background checks. Candidate must meet the essential physical demands of the job description as stated throughout the duration of holding the position with Paragon 360.
For more information or to apply, email questions or resume to: email@example.com
Paragon 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.