Projects include renovations and new construction of houses of worship spaces, corporate facilities, and entertainment venues regarding the installation of Audio, Video, Lighting, Scenic, and Acoustic treatments.
The Project Manager will work alongside and in conjunction with the director of installation services to provide project management and coordination services ensuring successful preparation, installation, commissioning, and closeout of projects as assigned.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects, logistics, and coordination as it relates to the prep, installation, and commissioning of renovation and new construction projects of AVL, Scenic, and Acoustic elements. This individual must have an excellent knowledge of the construction industry and professional project management experience. The individual should always be striving to improve their education, skills, and efficiency. The person should be an excellent communicator that can work well in high-stress situations, be a high-capacity self-starter with excellent client skills. The ability to follow directions, solve problems and work with others as a team and staff alike is a must. This is not an office job. There will be travel to job sites associated.
Duties and Responsibilities
Paragon 360 is looking for a project manager that can carry out any or all of the responsibilities listed below.
- Lead and manage install teams
- Oversee and ensure advancing and preparation of projects to include:
- Coordination with designers, procurement manager, prep manager and fabrication manager to assure jobs readiness.
- Coordination with general contractors and subs to ensure jobsite readiness and answer coordination questions.
- Scheduling and planning of installation crew and timelines
- Logistical work including:
- Determining travel logistics
- Determining and planning trucking logistics
- Renting of equipment for jobsite installation
- Coordination throughout installation with installers, designers, and contractors.
- Conduct site visits/surveys to collect information to help advance the installation
- Attend design meetings to assist with gathering of information for project design parameters
- Carry out work adhering to OSHA safety protocols and company procedures
- Assist other Paragon installation/prep teams as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What are the physical demands of the job?
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, push/pull, crouch and balance for long periods of time on a daily basis
- Must be able to and comfortable working in high places climbing ladders and scaffolding and working in lifts.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to and comfortable with work in high places and in small, cramped places in very dirty and dusty environments, hot humid places as well as cold places
- Must be able to use hands for grasping and fine manipulation
- Must be able to read, write and speak with positive attitude with ability to recall, remember and work well under stress for long periods of time on a daily basis.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Professional construction project management experience or experience in AVL installation management.
- Valid Class E driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be minimum 21 years of age
- Ability to work back to back, 10 hour days and occasional longer days
- Must have a relatively flexible schedule
- Ability to read and understand CAD design plans a must
- Extensive, nationwide travel to jobsites;
- On average 4 – 10 days a month
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, schematics, and construction documents
- Proficient in basic computer skills and use of standard Microsoft office software such as Office 365, word, excel, outlook, power-point and teams.
- Basic understanding of PC systems
- Leadership skills: problem-solving in high stress environments; positive, professional, client friendly demeanor; verbal and written communication skills; comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback; time management; ability to multi-task
- Team player who values and adds to an excellent team culture
What skills will be valuable?
- Understanding of or experience with Microsoft Project Manager
- Knowledge or experience of professional audio, video and lighting systems, rigging or FabriTRAK
- Construction site experience
- Theatrical Production Management experience