The AVL Installer will be responsible for a wide range of work at Paragon 360’s facilities and/or our clients job sites. This could include prep work, site installation and setup/commissioning of large format, professional AVL systems in high profile entertainment facilities, houses of worship and corporate environments. These individuals must have an excellent knowledge of the professional AVL industry and the latest technologies and methods. These individuals should be good communicators that can work well in high-stress situations and be a high-capacity self-starter. The ability to follow directions, solve problems and work with others as a team and staff alike is a must. These individuals must be comfortable working in construction or renovation environments. The individual must be able to travel extensively. This is not an office job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prep audio, video and lighting equipment to include:
- Assisting with assurance of designs’ physical completeness in accordance with installation drawings.
- Preparing equipment: Inventorying, testing, labeling, addressing, programming, rack building and soldiering.
- Packing equipment and loading/unloading of trucks.
- Audio Installation Work: building of racks and wire termination; Hanging/rigging flown speakers; mounting ceiling speakers; setting up and programming consoles; floor pockets; programming and deploying DSP programs; setting up and wiring stage; wireless frequency management; system tuning.
- Video Installation Work: mounted or flown LED walls; high profile projectors and screens; routers and switchers; distribution equipment; floor pockets; camera systems: video engineering equipment; production communication equipment; building of racks and wire termination; deployment of flat-screen displays and their mounts; extensive digital signage systems; build-out of control rooms and their furniture; conference room technology systems.
- Lighting Installation Work: Hanging, cabling, and addressing lighting fixtures; patching, setting up and programming consoles; building of racks and wire termination; installing and programming architectural control stations; hanging and mounting distribution equipment; floor pockets.
- Preparation for commissioning of systems: System setup and testing; troubleshooting; programming.
- This position will require periodic overtime, weekend work and back-to-back days for extended periods to meet client deadlines.
- Troubleshoot and problem solving in coordination with Designers and Installation Lead as required.
- Must be able to be a team player and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team. Represent Paragon professionally and ethically and demonstrate good judgment and common sense. Work independently with minimum supervision, and exercise strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills. Communicate clearly with client and team members about project status and needs.
- Always work to maintain a clean, safe, and secure work environment.
- Carry out work adhering to OSHA safety protocols and company procedures.
- Assist other Paragon teams as needed.
- Three years of verifiable professional AVL installation experience
- CTS or AVIXA CTS-I, ETCP Electrician or ETCP Rigging certifications preferred.
- OSHA 30 card or a commitment to obtain that training within 60 days of hire.
- Valid Class E driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to work back-to-back, 10-hour days and occasional longer days.
- Extensive, nationwide travel to job sites;
- Up to 2-3 weeks at a time.
- On average 10-20 days a month or 150 – 200 days a year.
- Ability to read and understand CAD design plans.
- General knowledge of low voltage electrical concepts.
- Extensive experience using tools of the A/V and electronic related trades:
- Wire strippers and crimpers for varying types of wire and cable; soldering tools and techniques; all common power tools; construction equipment such as personnel man lifts, boom lifts and scissor lifts, ladders, scaffolding, hoists, pulleys, Unistrut steel support and mounting hardware.
- Proficient in basic computer skills and use of standard Microsoft office software such as Office 365, word, excel, outlook, and teams with a basic understanding of PC systems.
- Desire to work in a thriving, high energy workplace.
- This position requires good diplomacy in working with our clients and other key stakeholders on the job sites.
- Leadership skills: problem-solving in high stress environments; positive, professional, client friendly demeanor; verbal and written communication skills; comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback; time management; ability to multi-task; team player who values and adds to an excellent company culture.
- ETCP electrician or rigging certification. - would be valuable
Physical Demands of the Job
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- Must be able to kneel, bend, stoop, push/pull, crouch and balance for long periods of time daily.
- Must be able to lift and carry in excess of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use hands for grasping and fine manipulation.
- Must be able to read, write and speak with positive attitude with ability to recall, remember and work well under stress for long periods of time on a daily basis.
- The employee will be exposed to construction site conditions on a regular basis.
- The employee will be responsible for their safety while on job sites and comply with all safety regulations in place by Paragon, the GC and/or Client.
- The employee must have the ability to use stairs, climb ladders, and work from lifts or scaffolding.
- The employee must be able to handle stressful environments, situations, conversations and meetings on a regular basis while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor.
- When not on construction sites, the employee will experience normal office/shop conditions and be required to use office equipment such as computers, peripherals, etc.
What do we offer?
Paragon 360 is an equal opportunity employer. Paragon offers competitive salaries and benefit packages that include medical, dental and vision health insurance, long-term and short-term disability, 401K with company matching, PTO, nine paid holidays and Sam’s club membership. The company covers the cost of airline travel and car rental when required, offers daily per-diem when travelling and provides single room accommodation. The company works diligently to foster and maintain an excellent company culture.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must pass all background checks. Frequent background checks are required at Client requests as well. Candidate must meet the physical demands of the job description as stated throughout the duration of holding the position with Paragon 360.
For more information or to apply, email questions or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paragon 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.